Thursday, July 15, 2010

Living

Good afternoon. Allow me to introduce myself via a tongue-in-cheek perspective of my life as a 20-something, apartment dweller.


Living

I would never dare to whip up marshmallows before sipping powdered hot chocolate or attempt to embroider “I love you Mom” in lieu of a Hallmark card. I have not cataloged the paint chips at Home Depot, nor do I routinely vacuum my drapes. I cannot distinguish between the Noisette and the Damask rose, and I will not hang my life in shadowboxes on the living room wall. I want not linens rich with history, nor do I care to knit my friend a scarf and matching sweater. I think not to address my thank you notes in calligraphy, and every Christmas I fail to wrap the gifts in hand-stamped linen paper. Martha Stewart I am not. Living I am.


I honestly do enjoy reading my Living magazines. Unfortunately, at this time in life, our budget and my time constraints limit my domesticity.

No comments:

Post a Comment